Dual monitor nvidia gpu window issue

I’m using an Asus Z77 motherboard with a GTX1050Ti GPU. I just noticed a couple of days ago that Manjaro Cinnamon exhibits an unusual behavior on the second monitor with any application that has reduced window size left monitor being primary.

The criteria for seeing it is to launch any application smaller than the max window on the primary and move it to the secondary monitor on the right. Then minimize the window. Upon restoring it using just the icon on the panel the window flickers and may even disappear.

If I restore the window using the menu above the icon by right clicking it does not happen. I’ve got five SSD’s with Ubuntu 20.04, Debian 10, Manjaro Gnome, Manjaro KDE, and Manjaro Cinnamon. None of them exhibit this behavior. So it appears to be a desktop problem.

Today I downloaded another iso of Cinnamon and it behaves the same way running off the USB. Then I installed it on another drive and updated it. Without installing the Nvidia drivers. Same issue. No other changes were made. Other than this one odd problem it works perfectly.

I’ve searched and not found anyone with this issue running the Cinnamon desktop.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

Thanks,
Gerald

[poll type=regular results=on_vote chartType=bar]
* Yes, I've seen this before
* Nope! Never seen this!
[/poll]

If you want people to easily reply “Yes” or “no” to a question you ask here, use a “poll” button:

• Yes, I’ve seen this before
  • Nope! Never seen this!

0 voters

by doing this:

[poll type=regular results=on_vote chartType=bar]
* Yes, I've seen this before
* Nope! Never seen this!
[/poll]

P.S. Because I’ve created the poll for you, you can’t close it, so if you add it to your question, I’ll delete this one…

:innocent: