Boring stuff here:
I reinstalled Manjaro after discovering the bioluminescent “guests” living in my previous Win10 installation, i decided to make Manjaro my daily driver. I already tried in the past for a good month but then decided to go back to windows (for some games), and to now settle for the good ol’ Jaro
the actual problem:
A few days ago i did
sudo pacman -Syu and after restarting it wouldn’t even detect the installation.
After a third reboot it magically did, but now, as i said in the title, it would just hang on to plymouth.
Some details worth mentioning:
- My GPU is a RX570
- The cursor is visible in the systemd screen and fully functional. Imho this seems to suggest that the login is successful but some process can’t get terminated.
- I tried downgrading to a LTS kernel (5.4) via live boot, chrooting into my installation, and going to the pacman cache to
pacman -U <kernel-package>
- I also tried to disable plymouth altogheter, but the nothing, it would still get stuck to some other process i can’t remember.
- My FS is BTRFS, but sadly i didn’t make any snapshot because i’m dumb.
- Lastly, but i’m pretty sure this is not the culprit, before updating, i changed my default shell to Fish. I did revert to bash, but nothing changed.
Any amount of help is greatly appriciated.