Raspberry Pi 400 Power Button

Hello everyone,

I recently received a Raspberry Pi 400 and I have installed Manjaro ARM XFCE. I followed these steps to successfully install the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth firmware: New Raspberry Pi 400

Everything is working smoothly on the Pi 400 except for the power button.

Supposedly in Raspberry Pi OS and Ubuntu, if the power button (Fn + F10) is pressed for two seconds, the Pi 400 will shut down, and if it is pressed again it will reboot the Pi.

I’m curious if anyone has made any progress using the power button within Manjaro ARM.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I know it turns on with the power button. But I haven’t been able to make it shut down either. Maybe the event is not picked up correctly by the DE?

I can confirm that pressing the power button will boot the Pi 400 after shutting down.

Do you know where I could check to see if the event was picked up? I’m not seeing anything in sudo dmesg after I press the button several times.

EDIT:

I was able to find the log with:

sudo systemctl status systemd-logind

I figured it out. xfce4-power-manager was conflicting with logind.

https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-power-manager/faq#how_can_i_make_logind_handle_button_events_instead_of_xfce4-power-manager

Ran the following command and now the power button is working:

xfconf-query -c xfce4-power-manager -p /xfce4-power-manager/logind-handle-power-key -n -t bool -s true
1 Like

Nice. I bet there’s a setting like it in Plasma.

1 Like

I think plasma prefers using logind anyways. We will have to wait for some user to report if there is any problem there.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.