Dash to dock extension broke

Hey guys I had a update for dash to dock from the repo (gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock 78-1) it seems like it has broke the extension and no longer works.

Fixed Version 78 is available now… Works.
https://github.com/micheleg/dash-to-dock

Oh ok cool, when does the package itself get updated to it?

I can’t reproduce the issue.

Compared to what? The upstream extensions.gnome.org-v78 tag has not changed since I packaged 78-1 yesterday.

To Github-version…
.Releases · micheleg/dash-to-dock · GitHub

My Pamac history:

[2023-02-28T16:47:55+0100] [ALPM] upgraded gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock (77-1 -> 78-1)
[2023-02-27T13:06:42+0100] [ALPM] upgraded gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock (76-1 -> 77-1)

I can confirm it’s broken, the extension from gnome doesn’t have this issue but the extension package on Manjaro is broken.

1 Like

Are there any related errors in the log?

journalctl -b | grep gnome-shell  

Hang on I’ll get you a log :slight_smile:

I’m so confused, so after removing it and using the extension from gnome than going back it is now working :confused:

What the hack happened?! :sweat_smile:

Is it now working for anyone else?

1 Like

Looks like digital haunted - exorcist was successful?

https://www.luebbe.de/bastei-verlag/serien/professor-zamorra/id_8139256?episode_sorting=desc

Haha seems like it but idk if the extension from gnome extensions was what fixed it or not

Solved?

I’ll update the other systems in my house first and see if they run into the same issue

I can’t reproduce the issue on any other system so I have no idea what the issue was but I will close this issue post.

Thanks for your replies/help guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

A crazy possibility exists, once the extension is installed in: /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/
and additionally installed in: /home/(username)/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/.
==> race condition which starts first?!

Could be but I am not 100% sure :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.