Question about building packages from AUR

So today I was trying to build a new version of wine-lol(5.6) and since it takes a long time I just let it run in the background but I noticed it failed pretty soon. This is what the error looked like:

i686-w64-mingw32-gcc: error: libgcc.a: No such file or directory
winegcc: /usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-gcc failed
make[1]: *** [Makefile:292: activeds.dll] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/pamac-build-pepega/wine-lol/src/wine-lol-32-build/dlls/activeds'
make: *** [Makefile:9838: dlls/activeds] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

Thats when I remembered I recently built "proton-ge-custom" from the AUR which required some additional mingw packages from the AUR. After I removed them the wine-lol package built fine.
Is this due to the conflict between the system gcc compiler and the custom installed one ?
I'd like to learn more about this so I can avoid this issue and similar issues with conflicting packages in the future :slight_smile:

Manjaro has no support for i686 so making packages requiring binary versions of i686-packages will create issues.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly i686 refers to the 32bit cpu architecture so it makes sense it doesn't work since there's no support for it on Manjaro like you said. Thanks for the answer, it's much appreciated :slight_smile:

Forum kindly sponsored by