quadro k1100 nvidia card

Hi All

I am trying to install a nvidia k1100 quadro card, The card is in a dell m3800 laptop. I tried to install the optimus/bumblebee drivers but the nvidia drivers don't load, even tried the quadro nvidia drivers. here is a inxi -G output

Graphics: Device-1: Intel 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics driver: i915 v: kernel
Device-2: NVIDIA GK107GLM [Quadro K1100M] driver: N/A
Display: x11 server: X.org 1.20.4 driver: N/A resolution:
OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Haswell Mobile v: 4.5 Mesa 19.0.4

I am trying to work out what to do next.

This are all the known solutions for hybrid GPU's laptops

Maybe you have to see one that works. I would suggest to try the Optimus-Switch.

I am now able to manually load the nvidia driver, how can I check that the nvidia driver is loaded at boot time and made the primary video card please

Hi I am able to manually load the nvidia driver, how do I load the driver at boot time please. Also how can I make it the primary card and make the secondary card i915 please

You didn't mentioned what option you adopted ... Only Prime is a fixed configuration to default to the dGPU, while bumblebee should offer the option to run a certain application trough primusrun application (or something like that) to use the dGPU; and optimus-manager and optimus-switch allow you to switch graphics ... All this are explained in their dedicated topic.

ok at the moment I am compiling the nvidia code directly, the nvidia code compiles well. but how do I load the nvidia driver during boot, or do I use the nvidia code from aur. I tried bumblebee but does not seem to load also during boot

By what you describe you want PRIME.

You need the driver, you need the kernel modules too, hence you will need a custom kernel for that, if i understood the way it works correctly ... If you are up for that task, then do it, otherwise use PRIME from the options list i provided.
Since your user description points that you use Gnome, i suggest you have a look at this
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA_Optimus#GDM

I think there is something greater wrong, I also have another laptop with a quadro 200 card, when I tried to install the nvidia drivers, they instal but upon reboot the drivers where not load as I am having the current issues

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark