QCA9377 wifi adapter can't connect after update

wifi
network

I get some problem with my laptop after update system. I can’t connect to wifi. And my laptop can’t list wifi that avalaible.
Picture1 my network manager color changes into red.
Picture2 there are nothing wifi

This seems to have some good information, like the rfkill command to see if the wireless switch is turned off

I got something like this.

Do you have a qca9377 wifi adapter:

inxi -Fxxxz

If so you need to update your firmware I will post a link if your adapter is listed in the command output.

I’m a newbie. I’m still learning linux with manjaro.

To fix the incorrect firmware for the QCA9377 adapter:

If you have another internet connection on your computer such as wired LAN then simply issue the following command in the terminal:

sudo pacman -U https://manjaro.moson.eu/pool/overlay/linux-firmware-20181026.1cb4e51-0.1-any.pkg.tar.xz

If you don’t have a wired connection then use this alternate method. Download the following file, and copy it to your home directory. You can use phone tethering , or copy it from a thumb drive to home.

https://manjaro.moson.eu/pool/overlay/linux-firmware-20181026.1cb4e51-0.1-any.pkg.tar.xz

Once the file is copied to your home directory, in the terminal cd to your home directory.

Then, issue this command:

sudo pacman -U ~/linux-firmware-20181026.1cb4e51-0.1-any.pkg.tar.xz

Then confirm the install in pacman, and reboot.

BTW, this exact same issue has been posted at least a half dozen times in the last day. Please search the forum before you post a help request, as the answer has usually been posted multiple times before.

Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac Issues

Let us know if that fixed you up. Also you can remove the soft block on your bluetooth with the following command:

sudo rfkill unblock all

Ok. But I lost network manager on the top right panel and also connection menu on sytem settings…

cat /var/log/pacman.log | grep -i "ed linux\|mware\|twork\|dkms ins\|a-nm\|nm-c\|ufw\|dhc\|dns\|wpa" | grep -v "head\|nvidia"  | tail -n 30
hwinfo --netcard --wlan --bluetooth | grep -Ei "model\:|driver\:|status\:|cmd\:|file\:|detected\:" | grep -v "Config Status" 
lspci -knnvvv | grep -i net
inxi -Fldxxxz       
rfkill list all

Text output only, (no pics).

Thank you Brother. I’ve solved it with reinstall my kde. It reinstall my system settings too.

closed #11

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.