QCA9377 - No wifi after restart

I just restarted my laptop, and now there is no wifi. This is on manjaro kde. It is possible (maybe probable) that I updated it and did not restart the machine after having done so as this is not my main machine. However, I did not do any half updates or anything like that.

I have the widget / icon in the systray that shows network disconnected on hover (looks like a monitor with a cord running to it with a red x on it).

I have double checked, and it is not in airplane mode. Nor is there any quick function way to disable the wifi on the keyboard itself. Is there a way to disable / enable wifi within kde? I have not found such a thing. The trouble is that there is no ethernet port on this machine, so I have no way to run an update or install packages.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am hoping to be able to use this machine tonight for an event =/

If this is not your adapter model, then post:

inxi -Fxxxz

I had the same thing on my old Dell laptop. Try:

sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager

worked for me.
Next listen to @tbg , knows much more then I do.

Another post and dasher @kmartin. It never ceases to amaze me how many people post a help request then log off immediately. I guess the world is just to hectic these days to bother waiting around a couple of minutes. :smile:

Or too busy to bother posting hardware specs either. He’s not exactly a newbie as this user has been registered since the forum was established. You’d really think a user who’s been a forum member that long would know how things are supposed to be dome when posting a help request.

I’m here? did switch users for a min or 2.
sorry

no no. Still here. Okay, Thanks for the help. I am getting a “package missing required signature” error when I attempt the command you listed above.

Hmm, yeah I tried this prior to going to the forum (I did that, I guess lol). Did not work for me. I am currently trying tbg’s solution.

Which command.

Okay sorry:

sudo pacman -U https://manjaro.moson.eu/pool/overlay/linux-firmware-20181026.1cb4e51-0.1-any.pkg.tar.xz

from the post you linked to, presented me with: “package missing required signature”

Do you even have a qca9377 adapter.

uh, yes. Have I upset you?

I wouldn’t say upset. I’d say more a little disappointed.

Try substituting the the packages actual name for " any.pkg.tar.xz".

okay, what is the package name or how do I discover this? am I substituting qca9377 with any?

As it is, I don’t think it will work either way. I don’t have a way to access this server, right? Again, no ethernet port. Am I missing something?

You download the package. CD to the directory you downloaded it to.

issue the command:

sudo pacman -U https://manjaro.moson.eu/pool/overlay/linux-firmware-20181026.1cb4e51-0.1-any.pkg.tar.xz

Then confirm the install in pacman. I just performed the install, and it worked perfectly.

Okay, thanks for making it very clear. It will likely take me a while, as it seems my usb pen drive has bitten the dust. So, I will update when I get the chance.

You can downgrade the linux-firmware package from your package cache instead if you need to get online now.

Seems my usb stick demise was erroneously reported. Thank you for your help and patience.

EDIT: For clarity, transferring it via usb stick worked.

1 Like

Sorry for being a little testy, it’s just that nobody ever seems to search before posting. Questions about this adapter have been posted since yesterday. I keep editing the titles to identify the adapter involved so that the information is easily found, but the question still keeps being posted.

I guess I just have too high of expectations, and get annoyed easily. Glad you got it fixed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark