QBitttorrent 4.4.0-2 Segmentation Fault

This is an advice/notice topic (but apparently it needs to be said that I’m not providing a notice/advice to users, but rather to the manjaro team that they f’ked up), rather than a support request but there is a question at the end if anyone would be so kind.

I’ve updated within the last few days and I’ve run pacman -Syyu today to make sure, including pacman-mirrors -f5. I’ve also checked with the Chaotic-AUR (other problems there, because Manjaro doesn’t support the later version of glibc… so that was a no go).

I’ve had plenty of issues with Qbittorrent recently mostly centered around the 4.4.0 update, today it started seg faulting completely. It worked yesterday.

So yes I’ve tried updating to 4.4.1, but it needs GLIBC_2.34 which is not available in the respositories, including the AUR.

I tried downgrading to 4.3.9 but that led to a libtorrent-raster error, which… led me to downgrading that package. In short I 'm now on qbittorrent-4.4.0-1-x86_64 and I have downgraded libtorrent-rasterbar to libtorrent-rasterbar-1:1.2.15-1-x86_64.

Please test these applications before releasing them or at least allow us to upgrade to later versions of software. I would much rather be on older stable software (4.3.9) rather than not being able to use the software at all. This problem has already been fixed by qbittorrent in later packages.

Please also bear in mind that 4.4.0 of Qbittorrent has a memory leak and requires periodic shut down. This is a known bug that has been fixed. I’m half tempted to downgrade again to 4.3.9 but we’ll see.

Is there any way of setting pamac reminders to recheck software that has been downgraded… say after three months to see whether a newer version might be more appropriate and reduce dependency on downgrade?

Edit: I have downgraded qbittorrent to 4.3.9-2, libtorrent-raster is unchanged. As I want to avoid the memory leak and did not have any issues with 4.3.9-2.

Edit: Moved to more appropriate location. This topic refers to the qbittorrent that is in the Manjaro repository not the AUR or Chaotic-AUR repositories.

Edit: Search for this did not appear, but I have seen another thread that references the issue (it is locked). The upgrade to a later version even the qbittorrent-qt5 version did not work for me and I can’t upgrade to 4.4.1 as per above. Only the solution I’ve provided has worked for me.

No, it isn’t. Nothing here should be taken as advice for any user of any Arch-based distro. You’ve got your package repos mixed up and your issues are local to you and no one else because of it.

qbittorrent 4.4.0-3 never existed, I’ve edited your topic title. 4.4.0-2 is in the Manjaro stable branch while 4.4.1-1 is in the testing and unstable branches.

glibc 2.35 is available in the Manjaro testing and unstable repos. If you’re going to use third-party Arch repos like Chaotic-AUR, you need to use the Manjaro unstable branch to be up to date with Arch stable.

:warning: Third party repos are neither supported by Arch nor Manjaro :warning:
:warning: Downgrading packages is not supported :warning:

See:

No I don’t have my package repos mixed up.

I’ve just tested and double checked the source, I’m also not the only person who has had the issue.

qBittorrent-4.4.0-2 Build Date: 10th Jan 2022 17:09:21 GMT causes a segmentation fault.

Reverting to 4.3.9-2 and 4.4.0-1 work perfectly (sans the memory leak in the latter version).

I have also tested this on a clean installation of Manjaro. Same result.

Downgrading might not be supported, but it fixes the problem when you guys have slipped up somewhere by not properly testing.

This is the thread where another is getting the same issue and other users recommend switching to AUR instead.

This issue is known and is referenced here:

As you’ll not u/Llama managed to update to 4.4.1 which as indicated does fix the bug but as you indicate is not available to us peons.

Sadly Fred’s solution did not work for me. Only a straight up downgrade.

In fairness it is unknown what introduced the bug. Until yesterday, Qbittorrent was working fine. I ran the update and suddenly it started segfaulting. I’m inclined to believe that qbittorrent got upgraded, but I’m open to the possibility that something else got upgraded that triggered the referenced bug.

Just as a referencepoint. I have qbitttorrent 4.4.0-2 installed here and a fully up to date system on stable branch.

Here it works just fine. No segmentation fault.

So, cannot reproduce.