QBittorrent broken

When i use the search engine the window resizes itself, sometimes context menus show up at the top of the screen, the toolbar double clicks instead of clicking once, qBittorrent has been pretty buggy under Manjaro GNOME.

1 Like

It’s likely to do with the transition to the Qt 6 libraries. (No problems for myself under KDE, however, might introduce issues with GNOME, Xfce, Mate, Cinnamon, etc.).

Likely related to your previous thread:

You might have some respite (only for now) with the AUR version that uses Qt 5 libraries:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/qbittorrent-qt5

The package name is qbittorrent-qt5

1 Like

Can this transition also affect other programs that use Qt?

It’s possible.

The way it was implemented with qBittorrent’s GUI might have inadvertently exploited such issues.

If only qBittorrent is giving you issues, it’s worth trying qbittorrent-qt5 for now. It might only noticeably affect qBittorrent, and in due time may be fixed upstream. Though I don’t see any references to such a buggy GUI with 4.4.2 and GNOME on their GitHub.

EDIT: If the problem persists for version 4.4.2 with Qt5, then it might be related to 4.4.x itself, and not the toolkit.

1 Like

Or it could be caused by an specific customization from Manjaro, since this issue doesn’t occur with the snap and flatpak versions.

Snap and Flatpak bundle much together, of precise versions of libraries and configs.

I doubt qt6 and qbittorrent deviate from vanilla Arch Linux, but it’s possible.

There are people (even on Windows) complaining about qBittorrent 4.4.x, and telling others to stick with 4.3.9 until they sort out some bugs.

Even on Windows 10, qBittorrent 4.4.2 randomly crashes for me if select a different download directory before starting the torrent.

2 Likes

It’s good to know i’m not the only one having issues, Manjaro also comes with qt5ct and qt6ct installed to allow Qt programs to use GTK themes, i don’t know if this could cause issues.

Yeah well, I even got issues with version 4.4.2 on my TrueNAS server, so I reverted back to 4.3.9, and am happy once again.

EDIT: But for the record, qBittorrent 4.4.2 (Qt6) works flawlessly on my KDE system. Perhaps because Qt-anything behaves nicer on a Qt-centric environment. :laughing:

It’d be interesting to know if the AUR package works well for your case.

I had problems with the distro’s version a long time ago and went with a version from the AUR which has worked very well for me (xfce). That being said, it might be a good idea to troubleshoot by backing up the qbittorrent config folder and starting with a new one or at least, backup qbittorrent.conf and start with a new .conf file. This is the one that I have been using:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/qbittorrent-enhanced-git