Error while compiling C++ code: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libicuuc.so.72)

Please tell me how to fix the error when compiling C ++ code in Manjaro Linux:

/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30’ not found (required by /usr/lib/libicuuc.so.72)

System info:
KDE Plasma version: 5.27.5
Kernel version: 6.1.31-2-MANJARO

Thanks!

What exactly are you compiling?

Did you reboot after the last update?

Yes, I rebooted after the update.
I’m trying to build a project Onlyoffice Desktop Editors.

Why are you trying to build it? onlyoffice-desktopeditors is in the Manjaro repos.

From the AUR? Then you should switch to the unstable branch.

No, I need to build libraries from source

What source?

Please give more detail and don’t let us pull everything out of your nose (I don’t know if this proverb works in English, haha)

1 Like

Need and want are two different things. No, you don’t need to but apparently want to.

Let’s not play 20 Questions. Please provide more details about what you’re doing and why.

I need to build libraries for Onlyoffice and this error appears during the build process. As far as I understand, this problem is connected with the system libraries, and not with the project that I am building.
It is not clear why libicuuc.so.72 requires a version GLIBCXX_3.4.30.
I have a version Glibc 2.37 in my system

Yes, you already said that. I asked you why. Ignoring me and repeating yourself accomplishes nothing.

Nothing here is clear.

I’m unlisting (hiding) this topic until you provide more details that you should have provided to begin with if you expect help. Please do not waste the time of helpful volunteers.

I just need to build libraries to work with the project. I don’t need a ready application from the repository.

Added a symbolic link and it helped:
ln -sf /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /path/lib/libstdc++.so.6
Thanks!

No, it didn’t help and it’s going to break something.

You still haven’t bothered to give us enough information to help you, so I can’t say what needs to be rebuilt on the newer library.

I think nothing needs to be changed, it’s just that the project has a specific path to the library, so this error appeared. It seems so to me.

Oh, I guess you know better then :roll_eyes:

Have fun breaking things on your own.