Python2-mako: Signature can not be verified

Hello,

I am running a manjaro architect server. I successfully update the system with pamac update. Since I have several AUR packages installed such as snapraid and mergerfs, I tried to update the system later with pamac update -a.

One of python library (mako) fails to build because of failure in signature check.

To build (6):
  python2-mako        1.1.5-1              (1.1.2-1)                             AUR
  python2-pynacl-git  1.4.0.r31.f6c17a3-1                                        AUR
  python2-paramiko    2.7.2-1              (2.7.1-1)                             AUR
  python2-simplejson  3.17.5-1             (3.17.2-3)                            AUR
  ssmtp               2.64-16              (2.64-11)                             AUR
  python2-hupper      1.9.1-1                                                    AUR
To remove (1):
  python2-pynacl      1.3.0-3              (Conflicts With: python2-pynacl-git)  

Total removed size: 648.0 kB

Edit build files : [e] 
Apply transaction ? [e/y/N] y

Building python2-mako...
Running as unit: run-u32.service
Press ^] three times within 1s to disconnect TTY.
==> Making package: python2-mako 1.1.5-1 (Tue 14 Sep 2021 12:15:11 AM +03)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
  -> Found Mako-1.1.5.tar.gz
  -> Found Mako-1.1.5.tar.gz.asc
==> Validating source files with sha512sums...
    Mako-1.1.5.tar.gz ... Passed
    Mako-1.1.5.tar.gz.asc ... Skipped
==> Verifying source file signatures with gpg...
    Mako-1.1.5.tar.gz ... cat: write error: Broken pipe
FAILED
==> ERROR: One or more PGP signatures could not be verified!
Finished with result: exit-code
Main processes terminated with: code=exited/status=1
Service runtime: 804ms
CPU time consumed: 793ms
Error: Failed to build python2-mako

I appreciate any help or guidance about resolving this problem.

Hello @benibilme :wink:

It is a known issue, have look at the comments: AUR (en) - python2-mako

I guess the signature has changed or is wrong or you have the signature not in your database.

I have no idea for what you need this on a server, but it is better to use a virtual environment for every application and install the python dependencies with pip like this:

Since python2 is deprecated, it is better to use it like that.

1 Like

Thank you for the response. Shouldn’t pamac or the build scripts take care of these issues. I am not that proficient to debug AUR scripts.

Anyhow, I noticed that mako library is marked as orphaned, I just removed the orphaned libraries, and the build the rest. Mako lib is removed and I could pass that step.

Again thank you for the response.

It should automatically correct it? No… btw AUR is not officially supported, so use it with care.