`sudo pacman -S base-devel 28m 30s 
[sudo] password for pc:
warning: base-devel-1-2 is up to date – reinstalling
resolving dependencies…
looking for conflicting packages…

Packages (1) base-devel-1-2`

this is an example
there is no size beside the packages unlike official repositories

First, that’s not pacman. And second, you should probably read more what AUR actually is and how AUR works before using it.

AUR aren’t packages. It’s only PKGBUILD files/scripts. It’s your computer that makes/compiles the actual package together. That’s why compiling things by hand is stupid idea. It’s what PKGBUILD does for you already plus package manager tracks those packages.

1 Like

yes, i meant pamac. sorry.

I mean no offence - it’s just a question:
are you actually trying to create a custom ROM for some device
based upon Android 9 - which is … not even near the latest version …
Lineage OS has many ROM’s for many supported devices - as well as many with lesser than the most current Android version …
(the Galaxy S4 mini is one example)

And they all have their own Recovery - TWRP not needed.

… What is the reason for trying to compile this old version of TWRP? …

1 Like

the reason that i have a huawei p10 which is using EMUI9 that have android 9 version and there is no twrp recovery for it in the official twrp website nor in the xda forums. i need the twrp so as to make a backup for the whole system and then trying to flash a much newer android version.

Not wanting to tell you what to do or how to do it - I’ll just share my experience:
a backup of the whole system has never worked for me.
By that I mean: that backup can’t be used to go back to the original ROM version once you have written a new one to the device.
For that you need the original ROM

You can get your personal data off the device without TWRP.

I’d therefore not bother with compiling this old version of TWRP.
but: I did find that version as a precompiled, ready to be used file on the internet.

I’ll share the link if you are interested.

Just copy your pictures and stuff off the device - perhaps have it save it to the cloud (Google and Huawei and others do have this option) and later retrieve it from there.

The new ROM should come with it’s own recovery similar to TWRP - but of course I don’t know that.

I have flashed a couple of devices - all Samsung (Galaxy S4 Mini, S5, A3 …) with LineageOS and it’s predecessor whose name I have forgotten.

Good Luck!

1 Like

“I’ll share the link if you are interested.” yes I’m interested.
“Just copy your pictures and stuff…” the problem is not in the personal files in data partition but in other partitions, some times going from a version to another may brick the device, and having a backup before flashing is a good idea. and huawei devices are not like samsung ones, they have lot of difficulties when trying to flash custom ROMs and rooting and unlocking bootloader.

i have re-installed the python-bin from AUR and opened krusader as root and then change the link of the file: usr/bin/python to usr/bin/python2 to use it and then i will change it back to python3. is this right?

Why can’t you just use pyenv like @robin0800 told you two days ago?

$ sudo pacman -S pyenv
$ pyenv install -v 2.7.18

Then run pyenv init and follow the instructions. After restarting your terminal;

$ python --version
Python 3.11.6
$ pyenv shell 2.7.18
$ python --version
Python 2.7.18
1 Like

NO!!!

Python2-bin already has /usr/bin/python2 binary. Now you just overwrote it with system’s python 3.

This is the link to what was described as the version of TWRP that you wanted.

This was the site where that link came from.

1 Like

that link has TWRP for android 8 and not android 9. i tried to flash it but the phone cant boot from it as a recovery partition.

thank you. that worked fine.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.