PulseEffects stopped working after the recent huge stable update

I can hear audio, but PulseEffects no longer shows anything in the “Applications” list, even while audio is playing. I can’t use its equalizer any more all of a sudden. I didn’t change anything myself. There was no pacnew file related to PulseEffects from the big stable update recently. How do I make PulseEffects see applications playing audio now?

Does this also happen if you create another user, log in there and play something???

• If yes, please uninstall PuleEffects completely, removing all settings and then install it again:

pamac --no-save remove pulseeffects
    pamac install pulseeffects

• If no, please report back.

:+1:

please post response to

pacmd dump

to show if the pulseeffects module is loaded and set as default-sink

1 Like

After creating this thread, I made a bug report here: PulseEffects suddenly shows nothing in "Applications" and therefore I can't apply effects to anything · Issue #794 · wwmm/pulseeffects · GitHub

This issue is now resolved for me and the resolution is in that bug report for anyone interested. Thanks for the responses.

1 Like

I’ve marked the below answer as the solution to your question:

In the future, please don’t forget to come back and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this:
Solution
so that the next person that has the same problem as you will now find a “solved” question.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.