PulseAudio with equalizer very buggy

pavucontrol and pactl commands should work with pipewire-pulse similar to Pulseaudio

LSP Graphic Equalizer x16 Stereo can also be used without JamesDSP in pipewire-jack

But if PipeWire is not working as expected you should start a new topic for that because it does not relate to original issues with PulseAudio latency and LADSPA equalizer plugin

Right! No problem.

After some tests: I installed jamesdsp from AUR (since I am using PipeWire for tests), and everything worked just fine!
I don’t if my past setting on pavucontrol worked now (I removed that package), but I don’t needed to change anything. And it’s working in the “Headphones” sink, and I don’t need to change to JamesDSP sink (I tested pressing “Passthrough”).
So, my solution was:

1. Installed pavucontrol-qt
  2. Installed jamesdsp-pulse
  3. Set up the output on pavucontrol
  4. Removed jamesdsp-pulse
  5. Installed manjaro-pipewire
  6. Installed jamesdsp

But, I believe that the solution for PulseAudio is using JamesDSP (jamesdsp-pulse). With the correct output setting, it will probably work just fine.
For me, changing to PipeWire worked well and, for now, it’s a little more smooth than PulseAudio. No notable latency here.

But, many thanks to @nikgnomic for helping me, I really believe that your tips guided me to a good solution.
I will mark your message suggesting to install jamesdsp-pulse as the solution.
:slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.