PulseAudio Volume Control internal laptop speaker and Headphones simultaneous output

Good day,

This is my first post, so I apologise for any formatting mistakes or missing information. Please let me know and I’ll correct it accordingly.

I’m experiencing an issue with PulseAudio where the built-in laptop speaker and headphones are simultaneously producing output when the audio jack for the headphones is plugged in. I found a work-around where I have to manually open PulseAudio every time I restart Manjaro and first select Speaker from the drop-down (under the Output Devices section) and then Headphones. After this it only produces output through the headphones as expected.

Initially my sound wasn’t working at all and I had to follow these steps to install the appropriate firmware:

sudo pacman -S sof-firmware alsa-ucm-conf

I also installed a package pavucontrol as part of this process.

I’m using a Dell Vostro 5590 with an up to date Manjaro KDE installation.

Kernel version: 5.8

The device giving me issues is sof_hda_dsp Speaker + Headphones

I used an Ubuntu installation before now on the same laptop and didn’t experience any similar issues.

Thanks in advance!

Please run alsamixer, then press F6, select the sound card, and check if “Auto-Mute Mode” is enabled.

I enabled Auto-Mute. I will feedback as soon as I’m able to restart my laptop.

Thank you for the quick response!

I believe you need to run alsactl store to make the changes persistent.

Thank you @pobrn, it worked!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.