Hi erveryone here,
Hope this is the right place to post this wish of mine…
(I am not a theme coder)
I only use dark themes on all of my devices and apps. So I went to the other side already !
I am wondering if such a modification of the title bar Could be possible on the Windows of file explorers … and for any apps in general on the desktop.
I find the Title bars when opening multiple windows, a bit too confusing by their obscure appearance …
My point here - if technically posible - would be to bring a little bit of a Sunset aspect just to the Title bars, the rest is fine as it is.
And if at least 3 colors could be used for that - in my opinion - it would be a big plus in the use of dark themes.
- I don’t know if this is possible in the coding or if “color customization” of these parts in that way… is sadly not possible !
See here - remove blank space :
https: // i.postimg.cc/9FCwmP58/Sunset-Dark-Theme-bars.png
I am attaching an image which shows the small Sunset aspect, Before and After modification … the starting theme is any pretty dark theme.
Colors meaning choice :
- The active bar is therefore in a fairly bright yellow … or pale gold if prefered
- The bar of the window opened previously - just before - is peach colored.
- the idea - here - being to easily distinguish the open window immediately before.
ex. for a copy / paste need towards 2 folders recently focused…
- The rest of the “older” windows would be in Gray …
- the idea of not using a black background for these Bars is that of being able to quickly distinguish the upper part of each window.
Indeed when these are superimposed on another window with a black background … everything is too dark and you have to focus harder to find the top bar…you want to move or focus on, etc
NOTE: among ALL the other existing lighter themes -, having for example a Black Frame and Gray / Dark Blue Background, I have not found an equivalent to this theme project.
I am not a graphics coder and I do not know if this differentiation project is possible elsewhere.
but I wish it would someday, if you have expert buddies - share the idea!
I don’t know how themes are made and if there are tools to do this yourself,
I think that a coder experienced in this exercise will be able to provide an answer to this project much more effectively than I could.
Thanks for any feedback …
in the meantime, I will continue with my Dark theme a little bit … too dark! : D