Blender 3.0 installation yields error

I’m trying to install the recently released version of Blender 3.0 from Snap. I get the following error:

cannot install “blender”: classic confinement requires snaps under /snap or symlink from /snap to /var/lib/snapd/snap

How do I remedy this?

To use snaps in manjaro

blender is in official repositories though :thinking:

1 Like

The current version in the official repository is 2.93, blender released the 3.0 version last week. And that was what the original question was about.
Naturally your answer about the snap was also correct.

There is also a linux tar version that can be downloaded from blender.org directly.

You could also install it from the AUR.

I was able to install the flatpack successfully (version 3.0). I’d still like to figure out why the snap package failed. I have snaps activated in AUR, so it should have worked. Not sure what the error message means that I shared above. Presumably it signals that my snap capability is installed in the wrong folder / directory or something, but I have no idea. Thoughts anyone?

2 Likes

This is all covered in the wiki. I myself just ran across this issue trying to install Bender 3d LTS Release 2.93.7, but it applies to you as well for getting snaps to work.

As described in the Manjaro Wiki here or even under the Snapcraft site here as Thenujan pointed you to already.

Assuming you have already installed and enabled snapd in your system it seems you haven’t made the required symlink. Enter the following line in a terminal as the wiki instructs:

sudo ln -s /var/lib/snapd/snap /snap
1 Like