Problems with KDE global themes

Anyone else having problems with KDE global themes in settings?

Every time I try apply one in the global theme settings menu it results in a broken off-centered GUI with the task bar not changing to what its supposed to, black background (which I can fix easily but that shouldn’t be happening), missing icons etc.

I tried everything: different computers, different distributions etc.
Occasionally after a distro reinstall I am able to apply a new theme correctly where it looks as it should. I will try installing the themes manually when I get the chance to but if the global themes were broken I’d see everyone complaining yet it works perfectly for everyone I asked (am I doing something blatantly wrong?!).

The only theme that applies properly like its supposed to every time are the default breeze themes.

Advice would be appreciated!
(I will post screenshots after I reinstall Manjaro on my new drive)

Hi everyone,

I have this problem when I try to install global themes too.

La instalación de /tmp/QOYyUw-com.github.vinceliuice.WhiteSur-dark.tar.xz ha fallado: No se ha podido instalar la dependencia: «kns://sddmtheme.knsrc/api.kde-look.org/1398839»

does anyone know this error???.
thanks.

3rd Party KDE Global Themes and Widgets Causing Data loss. I’m sorry if this is the wrong place, it seems to be an officially KDE recognized, announced issue.

EDIT: sorry, didn’t realize this was such an old thread

Please don’t Necro bump.