Problems with Firefox theme after update to ver. 96

My firefox button was perfect until I update today to the version 96, now the buttons of windows are square instead of following the rounded buttons from WhiteSur theme for gnome. When I try to use the default theme for firefox the WhiteSur theme works, but If I try to use any other theme suggested by firefox itself, the buttons get squared. When I try to open “Help” it follows the system window button, but not in the browser itself:

That’s actually a fix rather than a problem because earlier while using firefox’s built-in themes the window-controls became invisible.

Here’s a mention about it in omgubuntu firefox 96 announcement article.

1 Like

So, is there anyway to have the problem back? :pensive:

Am I missing something? If you want FF to match GTK theming, then you should use the “System Theme” setting … for any other kind of ‘custom’ look … then you would need a ‘custom theme’ (which is what I do)
If you want to do the custom thing easily then see here: https://color.firefox.com/

Basically, I just want to use firefox theme with the window button of GTK, nothing more than it. It was working this way since the day I installed manjaro…

So, there was a solution here in reddit to bring back the default GTK button while using themes in firefox. Here’s the final code for userChrome.css

.titlebar-min {
	appearance: auto !important;
	-moz-default-appearance: -moz-window-button-minimize !important;
}
.titlebar-max {
  	-moz-default-appearance: -moz-window-button-maximize !important;
}
.titlebar-restore {
	-moz-default-appearance: -moz-window-button-restore !important;
}
.titlebar-close {
	-moz-default-appearance: -moz-window-button-close !important;
}
.titlebar-button { 
	list-style-image: none !important; 
}

Beautiful buttons back!

1 Like

Just a note - in order for userChrome.css to be functional, in about:config you must set

toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets	true
1 Like

where is the userChrome.css file?

kfind can’t find it.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.