Problems to use optimus manager

Hello, thus might be a dumb thing but I recently started using Manjaro, and since then I haven’t been able to use my graphics card. While trying to find a solution I came across optimus manager, and after installing it and running systemctl status optimus-manager, it shows optimus-manager.service - Optimus Manager Commands Daemon
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/optimus-manager.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (running) since Tue 2020-11-24 10:05:29 -03; 1h 21min ago
Process: 867 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/python3 -u -m optimus_manager.hooks.pre_daemon_start (code=exited, sta>
Process: 962 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/python3 -u -m optimus_manager.hooks.pre_xorg_start (code=exited, statu>
Main PID: 1075 (python3)
Tasks: 1 (limit: 18964)
Memory: 36.8M
CGroup: /system.slice/optimus-manager.service
└─1075 /usr/bin/python3 -u -m optimus_manager.daemon
But when I try to use optimus-manager --switch nvidia, it doesn’t work and shows: ERROR: a GPU setup was initiated but Xorg post-start hook did not run.
Log at /var/log/optimus-manager/switch/switch-20201124T100529.log
If your login manager is GDM, make sure to follow those instructions:
GitHub - Askannz/optimus-manager: A Linux program to handle GPU switching on Optimus laptops.
If your display manager is neither GDM, SDDM nor LightDM, or if you don’t use one, read the wiki:
FAQ, common issues, troubleshooting · Askannz/optimus-manager Wiki · GitHub

`        Cannot execute command because of previous errors` 

If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it and once again sorry if I’m doing something

Did you reboot after installing optimus-manager? What’s in /var/log/optimus-manager/switch/switch-20201124T100529.log? Is the nvidia driver installed? Post the output of inxi -Fazy.

1 Like

I’m sorry for bothering, I was just being really stupid and hadn’t rebooted. Thanks for the help though!

I’ve marked the solution for you, next time don’t forget to do so :slight_smile: (in the relevant post’s 3-dot menu)

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.