Problems in KDE and CUPS with activation of cups-pdf

Hi, I believe to have found a regression, but I don’t know much about it and it seems multilayered.
This is also a follow-up on How to install a PDF printer?
My need for cups-pdf over the “Print to PDF” in firefox and other is that it gives me more options like printing multiple pages on one and printing from any program that is able to print.

Problem 1:
I didn’t find the option in KDE printer settings, to add “CUPS-PDF (Virtual PDF Printer)” but I believe it was there in older Plasma versions.

Workaround:
go to http://localhost:631 → Administration → Add Printer → set radio button for “CUPS-PDF (Virtual PDF Printer)” → Add

Problem 2:
The next page is about the URI / connection and the field is prefilled with junk eg �|�� (seems like an error in encoding, but I don’t know how to debug this, hints welcome). Trying to proceed doesn’t work, as well as deleting the content and trying to proceed with an empty field.

Workaround:
put cups-pdf:/ into the field, after that everything works as usual.

I haven’t found anything with this problem in the kde bug tracker or in any forum, so I’m not sure whether these probleme originate from my machine or should be submitted to upstream.

PS: [quote=“Thenujan, post:1, topic:97442”]
By default, PDF files are stored in /var/spool/cups-pdf/username/ . The location can be changed in /etc/cups/cups-pdf.conf
[/quote]