Problem with XFCE Panel Tray Icons

Hello,

since the last stable update (to xfce4-panel 4.12.2-1) the icons in the tray (notification area) don’t draw properly anymore. After boot up, they have a black background and when the icon changes (e.g. networkmanager connects) the new icon is drawn on top of the old one.

I use the xfce desktop with the openbox window manager and no compositing. I noticed, that when I enable compositing (e.g. with compton) the problem is resolved and everything is drawn nicely.

However, I don’t want to use a compositor just for this and up to now it worked flawlessly without one.

Any idea, what changed or what I can do?

Best Regards …

Xfce4-panel shows wrong icons
Faulty icons in notification area, xfce4-panel-gtk3

Doesn’t seem like a bug to me tbh, seems more like a regression of something else, if you only downgrade to an older version of xfce panel, does it still happen?
And no, i don’t think you can do something about this except downgrading to an older version (which is bad).

pls post output of

pacman -Q gtk3

I have no idea if this corresponds to the same problem I had with i3wm after the last update but if your output is NOT “gtk3-classic 3.24.1-2” try to install it

sudo pacman -S gtk3-classic

I also have no idea how this will influence XFCE. So test carefully.

Seems this has been reported before

And
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=14577

You can try that, and yes, the bug is already filed in the bugtracker.

closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.