Problem with updating

hello, I get this error with today’s major upgrade

But they did say it ‘didnt work’ for some reason, and we havent quite figured out why yet.
Maybe you will tell us. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Shouldn’t pacman-contrib get pulled in as a dependency for anything that needs it?

should not ask for this change (::: Replace bashrc-manjaro with core/bash? [Y/n])
or should I?

Moderator edit: Removed useless screenshot

As per usual, yes you should accept the replacement.

This was also covered in the announcement.

A year and a half in this forum and reading your message I realize for the first time that clicking on the small triangle of the update announcement shows more information… I thought it was just an unordered list… :smile:

Thank you. :+1:

1 Like

yesterday I tried to do the update and I got this error, because of time I could not continue.

[aaa@aaa-80e1 ~]$ sudo pacman -Syu pacman-contrib
[sudo] contraseña para aaa: 
:: Sincronizando las bases de datos de los paquetes...
 core está actualizado
 extra está actualizado
 multilib está actualizado
:: Some packages should be upgraded first...
resolviendo dependencias...
buscando conflictos entre paquetes...

Paquetes (1) archlinux-keyring-20240208-1

Tamaño total de la descarga:     1,16 MiB
Tamaño total de la instalación:  1,66 MiB
Tamaño neto tras actualizar:     0,00 MiB

:: ¿Continuar con la instalación? [S/n] s
:: Obteniendo los paquetes...
 archlinux-keyring-20240208-1-any                             1189,5 KiB   292 KiB/s 00:04 [#####################################################] 100%
(1/1) comprobando las claves del depósito                                                  [#####################################################] 100%
(1/1) verificando la integridad de los paquetes                                            [#####################################################] 100%
(1/1) cargando los archivos de los paquetes                                                [#####################################################] 100%
(1/1) comprobando conflictos entre archivos                                                [#####################################################] 100%
(1/1) comprobando el espacio disponible en el disco                                        [#####################################################] 100%
:: Procesando los cambios de los paquetes...
(1/1) actualizando archlinux-keyring                                                       [#####################################################] 100%
==> Añadiendo las claves de archlinux.gpg...
==> Actualizando la base de datos de claves de confianza...
gpg: siguiente comprobación de base de datos de confianza el: 2024-04-10
:: Ejecutando los «hooks» de posinstalación...
(1/2) Reloading system manager configuration...
(2/2) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...

:: Iniciando actualización completa del sistema...
:: ¿Remplazar bashrc-manjaro con core/bash? [S/n] y
resolviendo dependencias...
buscando conflictos entre paquetes...
:: bash y bashrc-manjaro están en conflicto. ¿Quitar bashrc-manjaro? [s/N] y
error: se han detectado paquetes con conflictos sin resolver
error: no se pudo preparar la operación (dependencias en conflicto)
:: bash y bashrc-manjaro están en conflicto
[aaa@aaa-80e1 ~]$ 

I tried again today and everything went perfectly.
I forgot to copy the output but everything was updated well, so two things, one is to inform that I could do it well and that I have little knowledge of linux since I am quite new, and the other is that I would like to know what the error was, could you find it?

These.
You were prompted for removal in your local language, but you did not follow those prompts.
(instead of s for ‘si’, you input y … the proposed replacements did not continue.)

PS. Also hell on translators because it changes y to and for english :sweat_smile:

1 Like

jajajajaj I understand but I have already changed the language to English so as not to have those confusions again.

I was referring to what you told me, what did you mean? they found that mistake?

Really. I do not know.

Their reports were inconsistent. Eventually it did work. Again without much explanation.

I can only guess there was some typos or user error or something ?

See the thread…

Yes, I also read that thread, it seemed strange to me and it didn’t show any information about the process, but at least he could come up with a solution.
and by the way they already solved the problem for the GUI.

I have a question, where can I check the packages that are in AUR as I want to install WARP Terminal

see this bug from the latest update

2024-02-23-071540_500x92_scrot

Please do not post screenshots of text. Insead, copy and paste terminal output here using preformatted text. This is primarly an English forum, so when you do, prefix the command with LC_ALL=C to convert the output to English. You can also post in our Español section if Spanish is more comfortable.

Note that I’ve moved this post there as people that don’t know Spanish cannot read your screenshot.

No, it’s not a problem with pacman. It’s a problem with you not understanding what the output is. I’ve also updated the topic title to reflect that.

Please create a new topic in AUR as that has nothing to do with the current topic.

That’s not a bug and has nothing to do with the recent update. It’s very clear about what you need to do. If you need further assistance, please create a new Support topic as that has nothing to do with the current topic, either.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.