Problem with hibernation but confused with swap and Gparted

Hi everyone,

Since I went from Gnome to Xfce, I’ve had a problem with system hibernation. the problem simply being not enough swap allocation. I’ve tried to come up with a solution on my own by reading about partitions and swap online, so I could increased my swap space, but I don’t really understand what I should concretely do with Gparted to resolve my problem. The problem being that I don’t really understand where is the swap part on my partition.

Here’s a screen of my Gparted (in french unfortunately) :

How should I proceed from there ?

I greatly thank you for you answer.

It looks like you don’t have a swap partition. I suggest you look at this wiki to find out if you have a swapfile instead and/or how to create one.

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Swap

1 Like

I just posted instructions to do a swapfile - don’t bother with partitions :wink:

sudo fallocate -l 8G /swapfile
sudo mkswap /swapfile
sudo chmod u=rw,go= /swapfile
sudo swapon /swapfile
sudo bash -c "echo /swapfile none swap defaults 0 0 >> /etc/fstab"
1 Like

Thanks for your instruction Ben ! It worked great.

I did I think made a mistake because I tried putting 9go for the swap not realising I had not much space left on my disk, which meant some apps couldn’t launch. After having removed some unnecessary things it worked really well. I wonder however if it could have bad implications ?

Here’s another screen of Gparted :

Otherwise, I think the case should be closed. Thanks again ! :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.