Problem with boot partition Acer Aspire 5742G

sudo mhwd --install pci network-broadcom-wl  1 ✘  4s 
Warning: config ‘/var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/network_drivers/r8168/MHWDCONFIG’ is invalid!
Warning: config ‘/var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/network_drivers/rt3562sta/MHWDCONFIG’ is invalid!

Installing network-broadcom-wl…
Sourcing /etc/mhwd-x86_64.conf
Has lib32 support: true
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/network_drivers/broadcom-wl/MHWDCONFIG
Processing classid: 0200
Processing classid: 0280
Processing classid: 0282
:: Synchronizing package databases…
error: failed to synchronize all databases (unable to lock database)
Error: pacman failed!
Error: script failed!

pacman is already running, therefore it cannot be locked, thus it failed.

Update: Guess there is no way to install wl on that live session. The ISO is too old.

How do I change my home destination? Because I don’t have enough space to install the update

do you have internet on your phone? if so, use usb tethering, then chroot and clear some space:
pacman -Scc
yes to all; then clear your journal:

sudo journalctl --rotate
sudo journalctl -m --vacuum-time=1s

rerun the update again, and if you get again database lock, unlock it with the command above…

sudo journalctl -m --vacuum-time=1s                                                            ✔ 
Vacuuming done, freed 0B of archived journals from /run/log/journal.
Vacuuming done, freed 0B of archived journals from /var/log/journal.
Vacuuming done, freed 0B of archived journals from /var/log/journal/remote.
Deleted archived journal /run/log/journal/1ecbfb7d0a654ec7bc58976ee0e9a381/system@06d9912e003540b08d54f327089cfc0b-0000000000000001-0005fbdccf8ed335.journal (2.7M).
Vacuuming done, freed 2.7M of archived journals from /run/log/journal/1ecbfb7d0a654ec7bc58976ee0e9a381.

did you rerun the commands from chroot?

Yes, I run all commands as a chroot

goog so continue with the update … and are you connected via usb tethering?

Yes now I use only USB tethering and everything works as expected and downloading 2 GB takes less than 10 minutes

Now it turns out that I don’t have enough space on my hard drive. A popup 'Low disk space" window appears with the message "your home folder is running out of disk space, you have 51 MiB remaining (0%)

you can clear your cache:
rm -rf ~/.cache/*
you can also move some files - pictures/documents/music - from your home folder to make some space

and what is this? you have 2 swap partitions? and one of them is 293G big?

Only the 16 GB partition is for swap so I messed up that I have two swaps

Can we make only one partition with swap where 16 GB is available after all I don’t need more

you can format the 293G big partition in ext4 and use it for your files …
but first fix your computer, did you cleared the cache and made some space by moving files?
are you running the update again?

Yes I cleared only there was less than 3 MB of free space on the hard drive. Then I restarted the update and the same thing happened, i.e. not enough hard disk space.

it complains about your home folder your home folder is running out of disk space?

yes exactly

for moving the home folder to other partition, this is the correct command line?

mount -t ext4 -o sync /dev/sdb1 /mnt

why do you want to move your home folder?
so how many gigs did you freed, if its still complaining?
how big is your home folder?
do you have some timeshift backups there?