Problem while updating manjaro

Ofcourse I can give it a try. Considering my machine is old (bought in 2010), will it be able to run endeavouros or arch?

both
If it can run Manjaro
it can run either of these just as well.
After all - all three are basically the same.

Considering that you’re running off of hardware that’s 11 years old, that’s a bit unfair, isn’t it?

I was using manjaro not a garuda or pop os which need some good hardware to run. Manjaro was smooth except the time during which it misbehaved. My system can run latest ubuntu without any fuss then why not manjaro

just for context:
I use Sony Vajo SVE14 - two variants, one with 4 GB RAM (Core i3) and one with 8 GB RAM (Core i5).
Both are more than capable.
An older ACER Aspire Timeline laptop with 4 GB and core duo also has got no problems whatsoever.

Which one is good with gnome desktop? I prefer gnome over others.

• Title: “Problem while updating manjaro”
  • Can’t access tty…
  • Bash Manjaro
  • “I go to Solus”
  • “No go to EndeavourOS”

Thread :100:

Can it be locked now? Or I’ll mark it “solved” myself.

3 Likes

Not yet solved

Yes it is.

It’s Arch.
Gnome is the same in all of them - including Manjaro.
I used to use and want Gnome.
Not anymore.
If you like the defaults - it’s fine.
If you want to change/customize things - it’s a tedious nightmare (IMO).

I use Xfce …

It is more complicated now

if you have that power :wink:
but why?

Okay, I will try both of them, one at a time and then will take the final call

it was just my suggestions - since you seemed to want to stay with Arch, but not with Manjaro.
I went for ArchLabs - as they had the more flexible installer.

Do I need to have knowledge of command while installing archlabs or is it simple to install. Last time I installed Arch, it was an horrible experience. It was so horrible I am scared tothe word “arch”

I agree. The thread has run its course, and we are not here to discuss and/or promote other distributions.

3 Likes