Problem in booting Manjaro 20.10 and 20.08

Hello All,

I am trying on installing Manjaro 20.10 or 20.08 in my Raspi 4B 8gb, using Acer monitor with 1366x768 VGA monitor, also using the micro hdmi to hdmi and hdmi to vga converter adapter.

When I tried to flas the 20.10 version (which redirects from Manjaro website on selecting 20.08) the screen is showing Input source not supported.

Also I have tried flashing 20.08, after installing, on reboot I am getting the same Input source not supported message, can any one please suggest me on how to make work the Manjaro on my raspi.

I am able to install the ubuntu mate and ubuntu desktop.

I am far from being an expert, but Raspi is similar to Raspberry Pi? Did you use the correct download? Manjaro - Downloads

Try putting this in /boot/config.txt. This is for the first hdmi port:

hdmi_mode:0=39
hdmi_group:0=2
hdmi_force_mode:0=1
hdmi_ignore_edid:0=0xa5000080

Hello @olividir

Yes I am referring to Raspberry pi 4b

Hello @Darksky,

I ll try the above config and let you know

Hello @Darksky

Thanks for your reply and I have tried adding the above config in config.txt in 20.10, but after installing the Manjaro, its showing the same error, please find my config.txt below.

since I am new to raspberry pi I am not able to proceed further, I like Manjaro’s UI since I have already installed it on my PC, I need to install it on my Raspberry pi 4B, please help

See /boot/overlays/README for all available options

gpu_mem=64
initramfs initramfs-linux.img followkernel
kernel=kernel8.img
arm_64bit=1
enable_gic=1
disable_overscan=1

#enable sound
dtparam=audio=on
hdmi_drive=2

#enable vc4
dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d
max_framebuffers=2

hdmi_mode:0=39
hdmi_group:0=2
hdmi_force_mode:0=1
hdmi_ignore_edid:0=0xa5000080

The you should have video with manjaro also.

Is there something you are doing different? Are you plugged in to the right hdmi port on the board?

Do you have video for a while at boot but when it tries to go into graphics mode you lose video?

Were you able to go through the first time setup?

You need to be more specific with your problem.

Hello @Darksky

Please find my answers below.

Is there something you are doing different? Are you plugged in to the right hdmi port on the board?
I am connecting to the HDMi port next to the USB Type C Power connector port.

Do you have video for a while at boot but when it tries to go into graphics mode you lose video?
Ans: I am not seeing any desktop or boot information after setting up for TimeZone, Locale etc. after setting these informations, after its rebooting and nothing appears, just a message “Input Source not supported” in 20.10

In 20.08 the boot appears and its just hangs after bluetooth, its there been for a long time and no response.

Were you able to go through the first time setup?
Ans: Yes I can able to setup the time zone and locale, Host name etc informations.

You need to be more specific with your problem.

Using the 20.10 image try each of these one at a time in this order given below and reboot in /boot/config.txt. Replace each line one with the other config. Stop if and when you get video. Put these in a line above the other configs I gave you:

hdmi_force_unplug=1
config_hdmi_boost=4
hdmi_safe=1

Hello @Darksky

the hdmi_safe=1 is opening the upto desktop for the first time, after it shows “input not supported error”, during second boot it opens up to login and after entering the username and password it shows the same message.

This sounds like an issue with the mini-HDMI to VGA adapter to be honest.

Can you try with a straight hdmi to hdmi cable to an HDMI monitor (like a TV)?

Hello @Strit

I have installed the ubuntu mate in raspi4b, and installed and working without any issues, also there is no change in config.txt file before installing it in raspi, not sure why this is not working in manjaro 20.10, can I try modifying in /boot/firmware/config.txt? Also please let me know how can I change this in text mode. Do I need to press f1 or f2 on login screen?

I’m not the raspberry pi expert, but I do know that our config.txt is in /boot. Not in /boot/firmware.