Problem after installation(Grub missing?)

Hi Guys! So I am facing a problem after the installation of Manjaro. I followed the instructions on the Installer and everything went fine. Then I shut down my Laptop(Lenovo V-110) and got the following error code while shutting down:

[Failed] Failed unmounting /run/miso/bootmnt

I ignored it because I thought that would not matter that much(apparently it did). After that, I pulled out the usb and tried to start the Laptop, but I cannot get further than the boot menu. Every time I select the HDD, where the OS should be installed, I get kicked back to the boot menu, so I am ending up in an endless loop and can’t get it to boot without the installation media.
Thanks in advance

Read this and see if this helps.

It helped me to boot into the os, but I still cannot start without the installation media. I have no idea why :frowning:

Since sda did not make a difference i tried sda1, but this is not the MBR so it does not work either.
Installed and updated grub but i cannot get past that boot menu. I am really
desperated right now…

[tom@tom-pc ~]$ sudo grub-install /dev/sda1
[sudo] password for tom:
Installing for i386-pc platform.
grub-install: warning: File system `ext2’ doesn’t support embedding.
grub-install: warning: Embedding is not possible. GRUB can only be installed in this setup by using blocklists. However, blocklists are UNRELIABLE and their use is discouraged…
grub-install: error: will not proceed with blocklists.
[tom@tom-pc ~]$

From that link…

UEFI - if problem persists (or if unsure what to do)

If after doing the above, including at step 6 the 2 additional commands, post in a new topic (or an existing open topic) together with the following output from the terminal when booted to the installed Manjaro OS. And state computer make and model.

efibootmgr -v
sudo parted -l
sudo blkid
findmnt -s
findmnt /boot/efi
note: ‘parted -l’ --> small ‘L’ and provide information of all disks.

Are you the same person as Baumingo?

Maybe it was just an issue with the legacy installation, I will tell you if it worked in UEFI.

Yep, had two Accounts and google smart lock messed up :wink:

Fixed it, UEFI boot worked fine!

It won’t be, for long.
You only have root and swap partitions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.