Possibly missing firmware for module: xhci_pci

Removing 'fallback' (which will also have to be done for any new kernel installed in the future) got rid of all missing firmware warnings apart from xhci_hcd.

Editing the /etc/initcpio/block file didn’t work for me; the file didn’t exist. The warning only disappeared after installing upd72020x-fw from AUR.

I take it that means the BS of closing a thread 24 or less hours after a solution has been posted hasn’t been correct back to 3 days?

Also remember that as it is now … creation of the fallback image by mkinitcpio always generates these warnings - it does not mean you actually have that hardware.

1 Like

To get Manjaro to work 100% on my setup I have to do things that is not supported by Manjaro,using AUR

installing firmware from AUR is one of two possible solutions

The warning message is just a warning, not an error

The warning states that system is Possibly missing firmware for xhci_pci, but data from lspci shows system already has XHCI drivers for USB 3.0

If your USB 3.0 ports are working you can just ignore the false-positive warning message
(as suggested in post #3)

Installing AUR package will only make the warning message go away

snd_hda_intel audio driver is needed for audio devices that comply with Intel HD Audio specification

2 Likes

What is the other solution?
Using AUR is advised against by Manjaro. This is something involved in the kernel, I’d rather not use AUR so another solution (not hide the warning > error) would be great!

My front usb ports (it’s only the fron usb:s, not the ones directly on the mobo) are clearly NOT working as intended as I explained earlier. They are always unreliable, can disconnect and connect randomly sometimes. If I put the computer to sleep they sometimes come back.

The warning is NOT only on the fallback, it is on my normal kernel.

What is the other solution?

ignore the false-positive warning message (as suggested in post #3)

another solution (not hide the warning > error) would be great!

I don’t know any other solution

1 Like

Please present proof that this is a false positive? Even the ARCH wiki makes a distinction between if you get the warning on the fallback OR the main.

I see indicators that his is NOT a false positive. Unreliable USB ports and multiple warnings about bluetooth in my boot logs. (I do not use bluetooth so this does not affect me… yet… things might change in the future and I start using bluetooth)

I see you edited your response with hiding the warning is solution 2, I do not agree to that, but thank you for your input non the less.

Data from lspci shows xhci_pci is not missing

see also

modinfo xhci_pci
2 Likes

Topic closed to prevent further necrosis