Portable Manjaro Install + LCD screen = Comfy

Got myself an LCD screen for use with a Pi4 for a portable Manjaro on the go.

LCD Screen

Though haven't got it to work yet (support is mostly for Raspbian and such distros) I wonder if other users have a similar setup, or have managed to get their screens to work properly.
Most Pis or other such devices are used mostly for headless servers at home, but with a portable screen they can be taken on the go to use or play around with.

Would like to hear if anyone out there has gotten a portable setup up and running or plan to. RetroArch anyone?

If you can find out what kernel module it's using, we can see if it's available in the default kernel and enable it.

But since it seems to be needing specific commands to even work on Rasbian, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

So, here's the thing:
On the downloads page there's a .tar file with a script that basically sets up the screen for you: tar file

The script for this particular screen is the "MHS35-show" one, and when opened in Vim you'll see the install steps it takes. Overlooking the horrible script job they did one section is of interest:

#FBCP install
 sudo cp -rf ./etc/rc.local /etc/rc.local
 sudo apt-get install git cmake -y 
 sudo rm -rf rpi-fbcp
 sudo git clone https://github.com/tasanakorn/rpi-fbcp
 sudo mkdir ./rpi-fbcp/build
  cd ./rpi-fbcp/build/
 sudo cmake ..
 sudo make
 sudo install fbcp /usr/local/bin/fbcp

There it points you to a github page to install the Linux Framebuffer drivers for small TFT LCD display modules. They are available in the kernel but I guess not loaded by default since most people just rather use their Pi with a monitor rather than a small screen.
Not sure if the Manjaro Kernel has them by default though.

The only part on the script I don't quite understand is the use of an "inittab" and "rc.local" file. Being that Arch/Manjaro and even Debian now use systemd don't see the need for it. Systemd handles all aspects of the system as far as i know.

Anyhow, still tinkering with the screen, see how it goes :smiley:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Forum kindly sponsored by