Pop_!OS's graphical unlock-encryption

Anyone here use/used Pop_!OS ?

I'm trying to find out the name of the package/tool they use to present a graphical unlock-drive encryption on boot.
I'd like to find out if it can be added to manjaro-gnome, but without knowing what its called i cant look for it.

Might be this?

Have your tried the suggestion from @openminded - if I recall correct the user has created working plymouth for Manjaro.

1 Like

thanks, I'll take a look.
I know its such a minor thing, but I really don't like the command line look of the unlocking encryption.

I use pop at work (due to ubuntu servers (easier when i only need to remember of one set of commands)
but I'd like to go back to manjaro-gnome at home for gaming.

I did not find that (because i had no idea what its called) , thank you very much.

1. Install plymouth-git from AUR. Reading respective ArchWiki's page beforehand is a must.
  2. Edit /etc/mkinitcpio.conf (add plymouth plymouth-encrypt to HOOKS array). Reading respective ArchWiki's page beforehand is a must.
  3. Edit /etc/default/grub (use quiet splash in GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX string). Have I already said that reading respective ArchWiki's page beforehand is a must?
  4. Do sudo plymouth-set-default-theme -R bgrt && sudo update-grub. Reboot. Enjoy (or suffer in case of failure to follow instructions).
3 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by