POOP sound each time sound start

Hello
Every time i start new audio (video, youtube, mp3) my speakers start making “POOP” it’s 1/ms but it’s annoying.

I don’t get this “bumppp” if i pause and start the sound again

It is like they were not on electric tension from linux and when I start playing anything energy comes and make this sound.

I am not talking about low noise like “zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz all the time”
i did paru -S manjaro-pipewire
pactl info : Server Name: PulseAudio (on PipeWire 0.3.64)

This tutorial may give you some insight regarding your issue with pipewire:

1 Like

Be glad it’s ONLY sound…

2 Likes

lool as french poop or pop is the same sound

I got this problem when i siwtched to my new amd system and used digital audio connection. Ignored it for years, but some months ago decided to take a look and the fix was quite simple, disable the power saving feature of PA. I don’t remember exact feature name nor where i saw it mentioned, but should be quite easy to find spending some time with google.

edit: it was the first one here How to disable power savings in Linux | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

1 Like

If the speakers were making a ‘POOP’ noise before you replaced PulseAudio with PipeWire, I suggest you disable power-saving in ALSA first

sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/hda-no-suspend.conf <<< 'options snd_hda_intel power_save=0 power_save_controller=N'

Pops when starting and stopping playback - Advanced Linux Sound Architecture - ArchWiki

If the noise started only after installing PipeWire, there is more than one way to disable suspend-timeout function, depending on which session-manager PipeWire is using - pipewire-media-session or wireplumber
Noticeable audio delay or audible pop/crack when starting playback - PipeWire - ArchWiki

@varikonniemi
Simpler method to disable power saving in Pulseaudio:

1 Like