Please guys, does this really mean something for Manjaro?

The fact Manjaro appears on the Steam Survey followed by Ubuntu on June 2019. In May, it was Ubuntu > Mint > Manjaro. Now is Ubuntu > Manjaro > Mint.

Is it important for Manjaro? What do you guys think? I ask this because I noticed Steam said:

The Linux landscape has changed dramatically since we released the initial version of Steam for Linux, and as such, we are re-thinking how we want to approach distribution support going forward. There are several distributions on the market today that offer a great gaming desktop experience such as Arch Linux, Manjaro, Pop!_OS, Fedora, and many others.

The text above recently write by Steam have been refered in this thread that has been split, however my point is just about the Steam Survey.

Source: https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam?platform=linux

Do you think this recent popularity of Manjaro can give some importance for Steam?

I don't think it is particularly important either way but it is great that a lot of people are using Manjaro.

4 Likes

more discussion here

If protondb.com/stats is a good measure - at least for games played through proton, then Manjaro is probably a good choice for a decent gaming system.

It's because I joined steam lately :grimacing:

Well. We will see. We have some good connections within the gaming industry :thinking:

2 Likes

I wonder if (due to its popularity) MX will make the list...?

MX has some popularity, but if you look at market share it is not on any lists.

1 Like

A good plan on Valve's part seems to be reaching out to multiple Distros. It would a wise choice not to go all in with one distro. I think they've learned their lesson.
At least to me that seems smart. IMHO.
Doing that, no matter what happens with anyone distro Valve wins.
I think and hope, that we'll see Valve working with multiple Distros.
I don't want to them to pick just one. However, that said, if they do only pick one it'll obviously be Manjaro. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by