[Plasma + Wayland] VLC's fullscreen OSD control doesn't appear at the bottom edge

I’m running Plasma + Wayland and whenever I play a video in fullscreen with VLC, the OSD appears in the middle of the screen. I am able to move it horizontally but not vertically. Here are screenshots of the issue and my VLC config that confirms that it is configured to show the OSD at the bottom:

imgur com /a/s1jFJWw

Everything works fine in a Plasma + X11 session. Only Wayland session seems to have this problem. Has anyone else faced this same issue? Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks!

More Info from KDE System Info:

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.85.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.4.143-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Memory: 15.1 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 530

Please read this:

Especially the section What’s this Upstream/Downstream business? and then file a bug upstream.

Alternatively, revert back to X11 because although Wayland became the default in KDE just a few days ago, it’s not where it should be yet IMNSHO…

:man_shrugging:

You may want to actually see if it occurs with vlc-git, you can install it with Pamac from the AUR either through the GUI or with:

pamac build vlc-git

See if it occurs with that. Note that this is the development branch mirroring the latest commits, which may be unstable, but the 4.0 branch has received countless improvements for Wayland, so it may be a more stable experience.

1 Like