Plasma mobile questions

I’ve tried both Phosh and Plasma. To me, I dont like the Phosh interface.
Are both Phosh and Plasma updated frequently or is one more updated than the other?

In Plasma, how can I disable suspend session? I guess my behind the scenes issue is I lose cellular connectivity if I leave my phone alone. Is it because of suspend session? If it is, I set it to “Never” but on reboot it doesnt retain that value.

I will try answering as best I can.

They both use the same underlying system, which gets updated at the same time. The interfaces themselves are updated when new updates are released. Plasma Mobile applications, usually release about once per month, not sure about Phosh applications.
Both see heavy development, so they update really frequently still.

It would have been done in the Settings → Screen section. But setting it to “Never” results in the config not being written at all, and thus do not change anything. So currently Suspend is not possible to deactivate.

Yes it. Suspend kills everything except 1 CPU core, I believe.

It’s a known bug. See my second responds above.

2 Likes

What about shortcuts? I would copy shortcuts and sometimes when I reboot they are no longer there.

I have seen an issue on this somewhere, so it’s also a known issue.

thank you for the replies and hard work on Manjaro. Love it. Both Plasma and Phosh (prefer Plasma but using Phosh for now).

1 Like

As your problem is now solved please click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status and people trying to help can save time looking at questions that were already solved.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.