Plasma Global Menu support in Firefox/GTK

Wayland is a thing in and of itself, and it uses its own compositor. Even though it is available ─ and in some distributions even the default display server ─ Wayland is still very much a work in progress, and I would recommend against using it on production machines ─ and especially so if you’re not willing to accept its many bugs and quirks. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I see it’s still a lot work in progress, but I’m using it and pipewire since some time now without major problems, it feels slightly faster to be honest, but nothing so special. I don’t mind have some minor bugs anyway.
I just thought this one was particularly curious since it happens just by changing mozilla and it shouldn’t be related.

I sadly can’t get any of the packages to install on either of my machines (my laptop and desktop). With firefox-appmenu I just keep getting compile failed, and with firefox-kde-opensue, I can’t even import the keys because it says it can’t find the remote keys. Can someone help me get these packages?

Have you tried installing the precompiled binary package?

I tried installing the firefox-kde-opensue-bin package, but that one I just get errors with the pgp keys, and I can’t import them (it just says it can’t find the remote keys). I haven’t tried installing the firefox-appmenu-bin package however.

–edit–

Sadly, I can’t get the bin versions to compile either. And I did manage to get one machine to finally compile firefox-appmenu (my desktop); but the other machine refuses to compile either packages and their variants.

Try firefox-ubuntu-bin then. I find it the most problem-free package actually.

2 Likes

Omg, thank you! I installed the package and it instantly compiled!

You’re welcome. But in fact it is a pre-compiled binary. It is just being repackaged from deb to pkg during “compilation”.

1 Like

Ah, cool. That explains why it was fairly quick to install on my computers

Are there any alternative appmenu versions of thunderbird? None of the repos mentioned are working at all nor do they even let me install them because of either PGP signing (as for the appmenu repos) or just simply not existing (the ubuntu one hasn’t been updated in over a year)

Have you tried looking in your package manager? :wink:

Yes I have, but I didn’t find anything else

Then I guess there isn’t one, is there? :stuck_out_tongue: