Plasma 5.20 officially released

Are there instructions somewhere on how to install?

Just wait for the next Manjaro update :wink:

2 Likes

I know…I like living on the edge LOL

You can always switch to either the Testing or Unstable branch. :man_shrugging:

I’m a little new to Manjaro - how do I do that

Maybe that should then tell you not to do that. :stuck_out_tongue:

But anyway, if you must… :arrow_down:

sudo pacman-mirrors --set-branch testing && sudo pacman-mirrors -f 5 && sudo pacman -Syyu

Replace testing by unstable if you really want to get yourself into trouble. :grin:

3 Likes

Living on the edge means only unstable. If you brake it or it breaks there’s no support for trivial stuff here though, so I assume you know Linux (or Arch), (or both lol). So, good luck. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The beauty is most issues can be fixed with an easy restore

If you like doing it why not :grin: I wouldn’t count on it to an 100% proof extent though, just sayin’.

I’m already looking forward to the many “HAAAALP! Manjaro update broke my system!” threads. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

No, not really. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yay! Wayland is getting better. I still use Xorg and I know it will die but right now is not really prime time for KDE Wayland needs a lot of polishing up. When Wayland compares or is better than Xorg I will switch. This will be a great update! Please don’t start a war on Xorg and Wayland. KDE has always needed this.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to this but will wait until it hits the stable branch … I will install the Testing version soon, once my previously “spare” machine is released from service. :wink: