Pipewire - HDMI and DisplayPort audio drops out when locking screen

Hi guys
Now that we are using pipewire, I have this bug where I switch my PC on, audio is fine through displayport / out my monitor. When I lock my screen though, the audio device disappears? I login again and its gone… So i have to simply turn my screen off then back on and it re-appears.

Steps to reproduce:

1. attach speakers to audio jack on PC screen that is connected via DP/HDMI
  2. check sound is working via DP/HDMI output
  3. lock screen, wait a min while screen goes blank
  4. login again
  5. default DP/HDMI output is gone
  6. while logged in switch screen off then back on and DP/HDMI audio will be selected again

not the end of the world but would like to have it fixed

also a bit frustrated there was no smooth switch from pulseaudio to pipewire, i lost my sound when updating and had to go figure out how to finish removing pulseaudio properly and install the rest of the pipewire stuff

System:    Kernel: 5.11.6-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.0 *
           parameters: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-5.11-x86_64 *
           root=UUID=873c9089-b9f1-4ebe-b11b-54df690f2733 rw quiet apparmor=1 security=apparmor *
           udev.log_priority=3 *
           Desktop: Xfce 4.16.0 tk: Gtk 3.24.24 info: xfce4-panel wm: xfwm4 vt: 7 *

Audio:     Device-1: AMD Navi 10 HDMI Audio driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus-ID: 28:00.1 *
           chip-ID: 1002:ab38 class-ID: 0403 *
           Device-2: AMD Family 17h HD Audio vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: snd_hda_intel *
           v: kernel bus-ID: 2a:00.3 chip-ID: 1022:1457 class-ID: 0403 *
           Device-3: Asahi Kasei Microsystems AK5370 I/F A/D Converter type: USB *
           driver: snd-usb-audio bus-ID: 1-1.3:4 chip-ID: 0556:0001 class-ID: 0102 *
           Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.11.6-1-MANJARO running: yes *
           Sound Server-2: JACK v: 0.125.0 running: no *
           Sound Server-3: PulseAudio v: 14.2 running: no *
           Sound Server-4: PipeWire v: 0.3.23 running: yes![pulseaudio|690x237]*

screenshot of audo devices and INXI after locking and unlocking (devices look the same):

under output there is nothing, under configuration if i deselect displayport 5, then select it again, it re-appears in output
(upload://6lSR2ryrWpzf8x2bjmwzO4qRb07.png)

hey guys,
this doesn’t occur using the audio jack:
I can play music, lock the screen, login again and the music plays the whole time

on HDMI or displayport, when i lock the screen the screen goes blank for a second and music cuts out, then when I login the output source is gone until i turn the screen off then back on again.

hey guys this was fixed in last months set of updates, not sure if it was the kernel or pipewire update specifically but all good now