Pip list python/pacman-mirrors

Good afternoon.
There is a problem with dependencies…
I tried to update mirrors via console with the command pacman-mirrors --fasttrack, but I get an error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pacman-mirrors", line 20, in <module>
    from pacman_mirrors import pacman_mirrors
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pacman_mirrors'

I thought I could find a solution: stackoverflow but I was wrong, because after running -Syyu I was starting a system update with a download speed of ~20-70 Kbit/S…
Anyway, then I ran the command: sudo pacman -S pacman-mirrors, then I got an error: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests', then I ran: sudo pip3 install requests and then I could run sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack.

I was told I did ■■■■■ and now I have different libraries rolled onto the python interpreter…
I couldn’t quite figure it out myself, can you help please ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Добрый день.
Возникла проблема с зависимостями…
Я пытался обновить зеркала через консоль командой pacman-mirrors --fasttrack, но у меня падала ошибка:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pacman-mirrors", line 20, in <module>
    from pacman_mirrors import pacman_mirrors
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pacman_mirrors'

Я подумал что смог найти решение: на stackoverflow но я ошибся, потому что после запуска -Syyu у меня начиналось обновление системы со скорость загрузки ~20-70 Kbit/S…
В общем потом я выполнил команду:
sudo pacman -S pacman-mirrors, затем мне выпала ошибка: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests', затем я выполнил: sudo pip3 install requests и затем я смог выполнить sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack.

Мне сказали что я херню сделал, и теперь у меня на интерпретатор питона накатываются разные библиотеки…

Не смог я сам до конца разобраться, можете помочь пожалуйста ?

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

Please see:

Do you think it’s not worth wasting time on system errors? But what about the updates that the system offers from time to time? I am not familiar with linux as a power user, but as far as I know updates are necessary for the system itself, not for applications.)

You installed something with pip or even worse sudo pip or you’re using a virtualenv instead of your system’s python version.

Don’t do this.

which python tells you which Python binary will be used.

No sudo pip I didn’t write -) Just pip3 install )

You did:

yes, I forgot… :person_facepalming:
Can I remove it? also with the help of sudo, and I also got the pasman_mirrors package in the python interpreter. Can I remove it too?

the real solution to your issue is two-fold

• don’t ever use sudo pip <pkg>

The above has messed up your system - the correct method is

• sudo pacman -Syu python-requests

@linux-aarhus
I got it… thanks
Should I reinstall the system?

Nah - likely not necessary - just keep in mind …

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.