Pinebook Pro Wifi not working after fresh 20.06 install

Hi there,

today I flashed the most recent 20.06 XFCE image to the eemc storage of the Pinebook Pro. I could boot, follow the installation steps and install the system. The only issue now, is that the wifi is not working. There is no network interface recognized. I was looking for "wlan0" with the ip link command. But the only thing that shows up is this.

1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00

I don't know how to fix this. I already checked if the Privacy Switch is enabled, rebooted several times, waited if the interface shows up. But the NetworkManager Tray Icon always shows "No network devices available".

Same issue here but on kde on pinebook pro, was working fine till I installed the new updates yesterday, lsb_release showing as release 20.07 but was installed from 20.06 using manjaro-arm-installer around 2 weeks ago.

I've even plugged in a USB Ethernet which would normally work but that doesn't show up in "ip link" or "inxi -Fxz".

To be honest, looks like some sort of network subsystem or driver issue but I'm not sure where to start to diagnose?

Edit: also just noticed no sound devices showing either so somethings definitely not right somewhere

OK, might be a fluke, but the following appears to have fixed it, at least for now:

Check in /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ for the Linux image, in my case it was Linux-aarch64-5.7.10-2-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz

I ran:
pacman -U <file above>

This reinstalled the kernel and recompiled modules before regenerating the boot image, now wlan is showing and sounds is working again

Forum kindly sponsored by