Pinebook Pro, Panfrost, low FPS on Q3 Arena

Hi, I've followed the instructions to enable Panfrost/hardware acceleration and compile ioquake3 from here.

Despite that, i get ~4-5 FPS as if hardware acceleration weren't working. Moreover, " es2_info" outputs "DRI2: Failed to authenticate" and the output doesn't mention Panfrost or Mali GPU at all.

Is there anything I can do?

You sure you removed fbturbo driver and installed mesa-git?

Damn, thanks. It turned out that I've had git version of fbturbo. I have no idea how it came to be - I didn't install it, and since pacman -Rsn fbturbo-something told me there is no such package, I assumed that I've forgotten that I've already uninstalled it...

Quite stressed out since I had some issues on the stock system and was beginning to suspect hardware problems.

Guess I gotta kill something; )

We install fbturbo by default, since some stuff does not behave correctly under panfrost yet. :slight_smile:

I didn't expect the git version, coming from x86:)

The git version is just what Arch Linux ARM has packages. But it is still a couple of years old. :stuck_out_tongue:

720p video playback went from 30fps to 10fps without the fbturbo driver. It where interesting tho.
As of now I dont have issues, I and dont know why. Some lag one 1080@60fps but no other issue on every other video and there is close to no tearing. Im on dwm, and ffplay -vcodec h264 for best video playback.

Forum kindly sponsored by