Can't Update, 404 Errors

I have a PInebook Pro and have tried for a couple days to try and update it, but it is saying there is nothing to update. GUI just says the system is up to date. I ran pacman -Syu and it returned:

:: Synchronizing package databases…
error: failed retrieving file ‘core.db’ from manjaro-arm.moson… : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file ‘core.db’ from manjaro-arm.moson… : The requested URL returned error: 404
core is up to date
error: failed retrieving file ‘extra.db’ from manjaro-arm.moson… : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file ‘extra.db’ from manjaro-arm.moson… : The requested URL returned error: 404
extra is up to date
error: failed retrieving file ‘community.db’ from manjaro-arm.moson… : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file ‘community.db’ from manjaro-arm.moson… : The requested URL returned error: 404
community is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade…
there is nothing to do

I am definitely connected to the internet as I am writing this post on the PBP right now.

PS Links adjusted because I’m too new to post links, but they end in .eu and .org.

1 Like

If you are connected, then it can be something with the mirror. You can try
sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack to generate a mirror-list and then
sudo pacman -Syyu to sync and upgrade.

1 Like

pacman-mirrors --fasttrack gave me an error:
pacman-mirrors: error: unrecognized arguments: --fasttrack

pacman -Syyu gave me:
:: Synchronizing package databases…
core 213.6 KiB 289 KiB/s 00:01 [##############################################] 100%
extra 2.3 MiB 1399 KiB/s 00:02 [##############################################] 100%
community 5.0 MiB 3.42 MiB/s 00:01 [##############################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade…
there is nothing to do

So it still had 404 errors, but it downloaded something. Still nothing to update.

I tried pacman-mirrors -h to see if there was a similar option to --fasttrack. I found -g --generate which generates a new mirrors list, so I ran that which gave me similar errors:

:: Querying servers, this may take some time…
Australia
Denmark
-> 1.092 …://mirrors.dotsrc…/manjaro-arm/stable/$repo/$arch
Germany
-> 0.828 …://manjaro-arm.moson…/stable/$repo/$arch
-> … …://smail…/manjaro-arm/stable/$repo/$arch
Error: Failed to reach the server: Not Found
-> 0.976 …://manjaro-arm.moson…/stable/$repo/$arch
Japan
-> … …://natrox…/pub/manjaro-arm/stable/$repo/$arch
Error: Failed to reach the server: [Errno 111] Connection refused
Switzerland
-> … …://mirror.scachemaille…/manjaro-arm/stable/$repo/$arch
Error: Failed to reach the server: Not Found
The_Netherlands
-> … …://manjaroarm.mirrors.lavatech…/stable/$repo/$arch
Error: Failed to reach the server: [Errno -5] No address associated with hostname
-> … …://manjaroarm.mirrors.lavatech…/stable/$repo/$arch
Error: Failed to reach the server: [Errno -5] No address associated with hostname
United_States
-> 0.577 …://ftp-osl.osuosl…/pub/manjaro-arm/repo/stable/$repo/$arch
-> … …://manjaro-arm.ericlay…/stable/$repo/$arch
Error: Failed to reach the server: [SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_INTERNAL_ERROR] tlsv1 alert internal error (_ssl.c:1108)
:: Generated and saved ‘/etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist’ mirrorlist.

Once again I editing the URL due to being new and not being aloud to post links.

You haven’t updated your install in almost a year… You should really update a rolling release model often, not just once a year.

Please see this old post as a reference:

This install is only a few weeks old, and I have updated several time since then.

It’s not.

What image did you install from? If it’s anything older than 20.10, it’s more than a few weeks old.

The change in mirrors, happened in March, so the install/image, is at least 9 months old.

I linked to it from the Pine64 wiki. Maybe that’s out of date?

Even when I follow the instructions in that post, I get 404 errors for the server.

Sounds like I just downloaded the wrong image, so I will just have to nuke, pave, and try again. Thanks for showing me the error of my ways.

Just edit the file /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist.

Edit the first mirror to point to https://manjaro.moson.eu - don’t touch the branch/$repo/$arch - just change the host - then do a complete sync

$ sudo pacman -Syyu