Snap and Flatpak installation not working properly

When I install a snap, for example LibreOffice, the app doesn’t show in the application launcher, the same happens for flatpaks, the only way i can use the snaps and flatpaks is to manually create the entry with “Edit Applications…”. IGNORE THIS -> When I install AUR packages, for example powershell-bin (that should create the binary /usr/bin/powershell), i can’t run the binary in the terminal (because doesn’t exist) <- IGNORE THIS. I had this problem in a old manjaro installation, but i thought it was something that a reinstall would fix, that was not the case tho, i still have the problem. So, what do I do?

NOTE: The snap, flatpak, and AUR support are enabled in “Add/Remove Software”

EDIT: I made an error, the AUR actually works normally, i am just an idiot. The actual problem to solve is about snaps and flatpaks. And changed the title to avoid confusion.

Welcome to the Forum!

According to the PKGBUILD file and the comments in the program’s AUR page, the executable is called pwsh. That’s the reason you can’t launch it from the terminal.

Yes, you are right, sorry about that. But, what about the snaps and flatpaks?

Forgetting (but not forgiving) the snap mention, what is your flatpak issue ?
Can you tell us your DE & your issue ?

sudo pacman -S neofetch
neofetch
whicheverflatpak

I seem to be having the same issue as OP, specifically flatpaks on KDE not showing up in the application menu.

Tried running the flatpak.sh script per some other topics and still having the issue.

Terminal revealed some more information just now:

Note that the directories

‘/var/lib/flatpak/exports/share’
‘/home/xxxx/.local/share/flatpak/exports/share’

are not in the search path set by the XDG_DATA_DIRS environment variable, so
applications installed by Flatpak may not appear on your desktop until the
session is restarted.

Looking into fixing that variable now.

Sorry to blow up the thread, but in my case it was an issue running fish shell and having blank env variables for the above.