Kdenlive quits unexpectedly

I’ve been with this problem for almost a month.
and everything happens when I go to the option to add title clip, inside the writing window when I right click, it freezes for a couple of seconds, the disk usage shoots up to 100% for a second and finally the program closes.

the version of kdenlive I have is the most current stable 08.20.1
With version 20.04.3 this did not happen, so I thought, I downgrade the package and that’s it, but no, the problem is the same which makes me think that the problem may be at the system level and not within kdenlive.

replicating the problem from terminal I find this:
Segment violation (generated core’)`

any ideal of how to solve it?

Hi, you could try changing or delet settings and restarting afterwards, to see the cause in
home /.config/kdenliverc
you can also choose to use Appimage :wink:

okay, i did what you said and inside kdenliverc i get this:

[MainWindow]
State=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
ToolBarsMovable=Disabled
eDP1 Height 768=731
eDP1 Width 1366=1366
eDP1 Window-Maximized 768x1366=true
eDP1 XPosition=0
eDP1 YPosition=61

[Recent Dirs]
KdenliveClipFolder[$e]=$HOME/Vídeos,$HOME/Documentos

[UiSettings]
ColorScheme=Breeze Dark

[unmanaged]
force_breeze=true
use_dark_breeze=true

[version]
version=20.08.1

on the other hand, I had not thought about that of the appimages, it is not a solution but it is an excellent alternative and I have just verified that in appimage there is not this problem. what makes me think that kdenlive is missing something, because the error in theory should be replicated in its appimage, but what is missing is the question, investigating …