Password not being changed

if i try to change my password on a single user setup, on the stable channel, it seems to accept it but if i logout or restart i can only use my previous password. i also dont get prompted to change kdewallet password. just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

How do you change your password?
(which doesn’t actually work …)

and: no
you have to take care of kdewallet yourself
this isn’t automated in any way

sorry, i thought i had mentioned that. through the ui of palsma settings > users:

in kde neon, once you change your password via the settings ui it prompts you to then change your kde wallet password as well.

system info:

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.6
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.96.0
Qt Version: 5.15.5
Kernel Version: 5.18.12-3-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11

this seems to be at odds with:

… there is the very simple terminal command:
passwd

which will allow you to do just that:
change your password
and it works …

… I do not know why the GUI tools
which are there to make this very simple terminal approach more “user friendly”
do apparently not work as intended

yup. im just here reporting that the manjaro plasma renditions change password ui doesnt actually do anything for me and wanted to see if others have the same issue.

Fresh KDE Plasma install, was experiencing it too when first installed the system, haven’t checked since then (just changed via command line), but still probably can’t change the PW via the UI.

I’ll edit this post when I’ll be able to check.

Another way that should work (besides doing in the terminal) is by using Manjaro Settings Manager, go to Accounts and change it there.

This was not fixed in last patch… This is important.

Yup, I don’t know if it was fixed for awhile and now not working, but anyway I can’t either (well I can if I use the method mentioned in my older comment). Also found this recent bug report: 459309 – Unable to change user password