Paprefs fails to commit changes to dconf on raspberry pi

In paprefs when I click on “Enable network access to local sound devices” I get the following on terminal and enabling fails:

(paprefs:5139): dconf-WARNING **: 20:12:11.476: failed to commit changes to dconf: Error spawning command line “dbus-launch --autolaunch=60461ca55a30471c970a6539549556df --binary-syntax --close-stderr”: Child process exited with code 1

I’m manjaro XFCE on raspberry pi.

The warning about dconf may not be significant if the PulseAudio module for networking is loaded correctly

I suggest you check dconf to see if it is configured to load the Pulseaudio module module-native-protocol-tcp

dconf dump /org/freedesktop/pulseaudio/

and then check if the module is loaded in PulseAudio

pactl list modules short

If the PulseAudio module is loaded from paprefs , all clients and server must have the same cookie ID at ~/.config/pulse/cookie

This command will show the cookie ID value

pactl info | grep Cookie

But you might want to consider this instead of trying to match cookies for networked devices:

If the PulseAudio module is configured manually without using paprefs, configuration options can be added to allow authentication of client IP addresses or anonymous access
PulseAudio - Networked audio | Archwiki

Based on dconf dump /org/freedesktop/pulseaudio/ the module is not loaded.
What can I do now ?

I suggest you check if the network module module-native-protocol-tcp is loaded in PulseAudio

pactl list modules short | grep tcp

if there is no response from that command to confirm the module is loaded, use this command to add the module to PulseAudio configuration as suggested in Archwiki

echo 'load-module module-native-protocol-tcp' | sudo tee --append /etc/pulse/default.pa.d

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.