How to set Android SDK path?

Hi friends, I’m new to Manjaro. I installed android studio and want to add the SDK path but don’t know how to go about it.

Hi @Sizzle,

Please see

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Android#Android_Studio

Hope it helps!

Thank you @Mirdarthos but I’m totally new to manjaro and I don’t understand a lot of things yet. I’m at this stage of the installation I just want to know where and how to set the SDK as path on manjaro

section 2.1 in that link to the arch wiki

follow the link in the “Note:” in the blue box and check

While I understand that, from personal experience, I recommend you to start learning and figuring out and not just following someone’s instructions.

IIRC, you need to set an environment variable with the path to the SDK.

But it’s been some time since I’ve done it myself, so can’t give you more precise info. If need be, start with what is an environment variable:

An environment variable is a dynamic-named value that can affect the way running processes will behave on a computer. They are part of the environment in which a process runs. For example, a running process can query the value of the TEMP environment variable to discover a suitable location to store temporary files, or the HOME or USERPROFILE variable to find the directory structure owned by the user running the process.

Go from there on further.

Edit:

See

Specifically:

Step 3: Install Android Studio

But note: we have pamac so don’t need yay, nor do I recommend it.