Pamac : "Transaction successfully finished" but the update is still available

Hello,
I had the same problem with previous install, but since I knew I would upgrade I didn’t care.
The problem is simple :

• pamac shows an AUR update,
  • pamac builds the package : Transaction successfully finished
  • pamac shows exactly the same update.

Is there something I should do ? Something I did wrong ?

PS. I had the same problem with an image manipulation python2 package previously. Couldn’t get rid of it.

% pamac checkupdates
1 available update:
quake3e-git  r2157.3478d7f4-1 -> 2020.08.08.r43.g521c2fbf-1  AUR

% pamac build quake3e-git
Preparing...
Cloning quake3e-git build files...
Generating quake3e-git information...
Checking quake3e-git dependencies...
Warning: quake3e-git-r2157.3478d7f4-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...

To build (1):
  quake3e-git  r2157.3478d7f4-1                      AUR

Edit build files : [e]
Apply transaction ? [e/y/N] y

Building quake3e-git...
==> Making package: quake3e-git r2157.3478d7f4-1 (lun. 27 déc. 2021 07:53:04)

... (build skipped)

==> Finished making: quake3e-git r2157.3478d7f4-1 (lun. 27 déc. 2021 07:53:13)
==> Cleaning up...

Checking keyring...                                                                                                                                                                                                                      [1/1]
Checking integrity...                                                                                                                                                                                                                    [1/1]
Loading packages files...                                                                                                                                                                                                                [1/1]
Checking file conflicts...                                                                                                                                                                                                               [1/1]
Checking available disk space...                                                                                                                                                                                                         [1/1]
Reinstalling quake3e-git (r2157.3478d7f4-1)...                                                                                                                                                                                           [1/1]
Running post-transaction hooks...
Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...                                                                                                                                                                                                           [1/2]
Updating the desktop file MIME type cache...                                                                                                                                                                                             [2/2]
Transaction successfully finished.

% pamac checkupdates
1 available update:
quake3e-git  r2157.3478d7f4-1 -> 2020.08.08.r43.g521c2fbf-1  AUR

what happens when you do pamac upgrade -a

% pamac upgrade -a
Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
Warning: quake3e-git-r2157.3478d7f4-1 is up to date -- skipping
Nothing to do.

% pamac upgrade -a
Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
Warning: quake3e-git-r2157.3478d7f4-1 is up to date -- skipping
Nothing to do.

The update is still available.
It’s mind blowing …

Edit again. From what I understand, the problem resides in Yay so I posted an issue there

try reinstalling the package:

sudo pacman -Syyu
yay -Rs qauke3e-git
yay -S quake3e-git

Thanks for your help.

I tried.
The update is still proposed after reinstallation.

I’m still confused.

I tried yay --gendb as proposed in the thread. The update is still there, both in yay and in pamac.
I thought pamac used yay internally but I guess I’m wrong.

• I tried to remove yay, the update is still proposed in pamac.
  • I reinstalled the package with pamac, the update is still there :slight_smile:

So it can’t be a conflict between yay and pamac (sorry if I misunderstood the previous answer) since I don’t have yay anymore.

The maintainer changed the package versioning pattern and did not adopt .SRCINFO, hence AUR helpers interpret that in a way that there is a new update available although there isn’t. You’ll have to wait for the maintainer to fix this…

I’ve left a comment here:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/quake3e-git/#comment-843412

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your answer and the comment you left. It makes sense now :slight_smile:

Seems the maintainer just fixed it :wink:

https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/commit/?h=quake3e-git&id=32c25f5ac17b8b163af04eccb9ed30d354984c0f

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.