Pamac-QT - a new QT5-UI for libalpm

pamac
qt5

Last changes were mostly with logic and internal things like memory management.
So here is finally something that I can take screenshot of: preferences window with a very (very-very) limited transaction support!

Now It’s possible to lock, unlock database and authorize using polkit.

(trust me, it’s just a password prompt in Russian :wink:)
%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5
%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5

Can this QT version be tested someway?
Is there a development package I can install to use it?

Now you are on the transaction support you may have some questions. Don’t hesitate to ask me in PM.

I’m looking at your pamac manager window code as an example. Everything’s more or less clear to me atm.

exists pamac-qt (in stable) but not last version

or this pkgbuild for git version (change _commit)

Somebody called avatare :wink:
Here is an example.
LordTermor-200-sgs LordTermor-100-sgs

I’m just thinking of changing Richard’s mask image to something else but it looks cool too.

I hope I haven’t bored you. Just some more screenshots of my current work.
Screenshot

(It actually works)

Thanks @guinux for his help with the understanding of the transaction design.

@LordTermor: is this commit deb50a6d or a newer code not yet added to the git-repo? Else it was already released via v0.1.2.

I just finished it and it is not pushed right now. It has some serious troubles that could break the whole package management system so I don’t want to release it as a package that anyone could install.

UPD: I hope I’ll release the third preview with transaction support in the middle of December.

Sure, no rush there. All good.

The third preview is in the git repo right now. Here are some improvements:

1. Transactions are now (somehow) supported. You can install and remove packages and do system upgrades. But mind that it’s still WIP and can potentially break your package management system and/or the operating system files and doesn’t support a list of features (such as choosing a provider). I would be glad to get some feedback of what I’ve missed.
  2. Packages searching is now implemented.
  3. Theme should now be defaulted to your Qt widget style if the qqc2-desktop-style package is installed and to the Fusion otherwise.
  4. Finally structured directories in the repo.

Maybe I have forgotten something. (Honestly I think I have. Definitely)

P.S. If you are broke your pamac daemon, try to delete the pacman lock file and to restart pamac-system systemd service. But still mind that it’s a risky thing to use the transactions now.

Hey everyone. Can anyone test current pamac-qt build with the new Qt 5.12? Are there any issues?

I have to create a window rule (in KDE Plasma) to have the title bar active and be able to resize it.
Feels decently responsive and installing/removing packages works, no issues encountered so far.
Even tho this is on unstable branch, not sure if the new Qt 5.12 build of pamac is there yet …

Are you sure you are reporting about the Qt version? It’s GTK on your screenshot. For now you must type pamac-qt in the terminal window to run Qt version.

I’m asking because of having troubles with QtQuick Controls 2 icons not being loaded from theme if Qt 5.12 is used.

Fair enough :slight_smile:

$ pamac-qt
Icon theme "breeze-internal" not found.
Icon theme "breeze-internal" not found.
Both point size and pixel size set. Using pixel size.
qml: State 30
qml: Name 712.5
qml: Version 45
qml: Repository 65
qml: Size 65
qrc:/src/qml/MainWindow.qml:51:5: QML StackView: push: missing arguments
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls.2/org.kde.desktop/ComboBox.qml:137:13: Unable to assign [undefined] to QQmlComponent*
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls.2/org.kde.desktop/ComboBox.qml:137:13: Unable to assign [undefined] to QQmlComponent*
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls.2/org.kde.desktop/TextArea.qml:58:5: Unable to assign [undefined] to QQmlComponent*

I can confirm what you encountered on your side:

I’ll make more tests to see what’s to report. :slight_smile:

Ok then, I’m not the only one who have this issue. Thank you.
It’s very strange since Qt from download.qt.io (not from repos) does not seem to have this issue.

A few things i noticed, but you saw them too, for sure:

file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls.2/org.kde.desktop/TextArea.qml:58:5: Unable to assign [undefined] to QQmlComponent*

and whatever transaction i do (install or remove)

qrc:/src/qml/TransactionSummaryDialog.qml:52:13: QML SummaryCategoryListView: Binding loop detected for property "height"
qrc:/src/qml/TransactionSummaryDialog.qml:47:13: QML SummaryCategoryListView: Binding loop detected for property "height"
qrc:/src/qml/TransactionSummaryDialog.qml:41:13: QML SummaryCategoryListView: Binding loop detected for property "height"
qrc:/src/qml/TransactionSummaryDialog.qml:35:13: QML SummaryCategoryListView: Binding loop detected for property "height"
qrc:/src/qml/TransactionSummaryDialog.qml:29:13: QML SummaryCategoryListView: Binding loop detected for property "height"
qrc:/src/qml/SummaryCategoryListView.qml:23:9: Unable to assign [undefined] to PamacQt::PackageList
qrc:/src/qml/TransactionSummaryDialog.qml:32: TypeError: Cannot read property 'toInstall' of undefined
qrc:/src/qml/TransactionSummaryDialog.qml:30: TypeError: Cannot read property 'toInstall' of undefined
qrc:/src/qml/SummaryCategoryListView.qml:23:9: Unable to assign [undefined] to PamacQt::PackageList
qrc:/src/qml/TransactionSummaryDialog.qml:38: TypeError: Cannot read property 'toRemove' of undefined
qrc:/src/qml/TransactionSummaryDialog.qml:36: TypeError: Cannot read property 'toRemove' of undefined
qrc:/src/qml/TransactionSummaryDialog.qml:44: TypeError: Cannot read property 'toReinstall' of undefined
qrc:/src/qml/TransactionSummaryDialog.qml:42: TypeError: Cannot read property 'toReinstall' of undefined
qrc:/src/qml/TransactionSummaryDialog.qml:50: TypeError: Cannot read property 'toUpgrade' of undefined
qrc:/src/qml/TransactionSummaryDialog.qml:48: TypeError: Cannot read property 'toUpgrade' of undefined
qrc:/src/qml/TransactionSummaryDialog.qml:55: TypeError: Cannot read property 'toBuild' of undefined
qrc:/src/qml/TransactionSummaryDialog.qml:53: TypeError: Cannot read property 'toBuild' of undefined
qrc:/src/qml/SummaryCategoryListView.qml:26:14: QML ItemDelegate: Binding loop detected for property "height"
qrc:/src/qml/SummaryCategoryListView.qml:26:14: QML ItemDelegate: Binding loop detected for property "height"
QMetaObject::invokeMethod: No such method TransactionSummaryDialog_QMLTYPE_231::onShow()

(process:1345): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 12:24:07.421: g_object_unref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

Only the first error is because of Qt 5.12 upgrade.
The others are expected for now and I know the reason of them.

I really like the looks of how the Qt version is progressing. I apologize that I have not installed and tested your new version yet. I am much too conservative to run alpha software on my Manjaro box. I’ll leave the testing to the brave ones who don’t mind breaking things.

Thanks again for all your efforts. It’s looking great, can’t wait for the full release.